Monday, March 2, 2009

Weekend Adventures

I know I know I haven't blogged in awhile so it would be too long to catch everyone up on everything that has been going on so how about a weekend update?

Saturday me and Trish had plans to go to a concert in Chicago and the plan was to make it back for church on Sunday morning, but that didn't quite work out the way we planned. We left the house a few minutes before we intended on Saturday morning feeling pretty good about the much needed road trip. We made a stop at the gas station, and while Trish was inside getting money out of the ATM for me since my bank had an ATM in the gas station and we were trying to save time. Well I picked to go to that gas station because my bank had an ATM there....well all of the gas pumps were having issues and pumping annoyingly slow. I swiped my bank card and it took over 5 minutes for it to pump $3.31 and then it shut off so I swiped my card again and it pumped $3.48 very very slow and then shut off again. Then we went to Trish's bank and it was very cold and she didn't want to get out so I drove up to the ATM and did it for her. Well when the ATM went to spit the money out I could see it sitting in there but it did not spit it out. I was afraid that the door would shut and it would not give me the money so I had to reach my hand in there and pull the money out. Then we went to burger king to get a quick breakfast on the run and the guy was really rude and after I drive away Trish realized that we didn't have straws so I turned around and Trish ran in and got straws. We were on the road again headed for the highway when Trish realized that they didn't give us all of our food....ugh what a morning. So we finally made it on the road and made pretty good time getting to our hotel. We checked into the hotel early before making the additional 2 hour drive to Chicago. We ate at our favorite restaurant in Chicago before heading to the concert. We didn't want to pay 2 huge parking fees so we parked close to our restaurant with the intent of walking to the concert. It was bitterly cold and the wind ripped right through us. We decided that we could always catch a taxi if the cold got to be too much. We ended up walking the whole 1.88 miles to the concert. We are nuts I know. The concert we went to see is Chuck Wicks and a band called Telluride opened for them. The concert started over 2 hours later than it was supposed to which was cutting into our sleep time. Instead of taking a taxi back to our car some friends that were at the concert too offered to take us back to our car. We waiting around with them after the concert and got pictures with Chuck Wicks and with the Telluride band. I think it was about 3am by the time we made it back to our car. Oh and did I mention that after we got to Chicago I realized that I had a head light out? ugh. I was way too tired to drive the 2 hours back to the hotel so Trish drove and when she got too tired at one point she pulled over and slept for like an hour. We finally made it back to the hotel several minutes after we were supposed to have left in order to make it to church in time. Wow we are getting older and can't take surviving on no sleep anymore. I am really upset that we missed church, but glad that we wont miss the message since we can listen to it on itunes.

2 comments:

Ray Brock said...

It's all about the journey!!! Smile

Lisa said...

Sounds like a trip I would enjoy.I LOVE Chicago and was really hoping
to make it back this summer but I may have to wait until next summer. Welcome back!