Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Prayer and Positive thinking works!

So this week was kind of sad at first. My Boss's last day was yesterday and that's sad because she is the best Boss I have ever had. I will definitely miss her. She was unlike any other Boss I ever had because she actually cared about her team and instead of just giving people orders she did just as much work if not more than everyone else. Well my current title is Team Lead, but for the past 10 months I have not had a team to manage, just my own projects. I went into my
Boss's Boss's (Lance) office last week and asked to be considered for a promotion to Project Manager to take over my Boss's job. I was told that that was already something that he was thinking about and that he would let me know. At small group this past Sunday Diana added my possible promotion to our prayer list. I was really really trying to stay positive, but I thought that 1 of 2 things would happen either the other Project Manager on my team would take charge of the team I am on or I would be asked to take on the extra responsibilities without the pay raise and title. This morning I was told by Lance that he wanted to meet with me and the other 2 members on my team this afternoon to talk about what was going to happen with our team. I told Diana that there is no way that I was getting promoted because I would be told 1 on 1 and not in a group meeting. Diana told me to think positively, but I was finding that very hard to do. Well later on in the afternoon a couple hours before my team meeting was scheduled Lance emailed me and asked if I could stop by his office when I get a moment. When I went in his office he asked me to shut the door. Lance told me that he wanted to promote me to Project Manager, but that I do not meet all of the criteria to be promoted to that level because I have not been with the company for 2.5 years. I will be with the company 2.5 years on April 30th so its only like a month and a half. Lance told me that in the meantime he wants me to take on the extra responsibility of being in charge of the team. So for a month and a half I am assuming the responsibilities of a Project Manager without the title and without a raise. The good news is that in a month and a half I will be promoted to Project Manager! I am so excited! I have worked so hard for this! The team meeting later on was to let the other 2 know on my team that I am the Lead and that they report to me. How cool is that? LOL. Prayer and positive thinking really do work!

5 comments:

Trish said...

You deserve it! Good job!

Unknown said...

Awesome! Congrats!!

Diana Smith said...

You should listen to that Diana girl more often ; )

Jan said...

Congratulations!! You'll be great!

Unknown said...

That is awesome! Yes, prayer and faith does work! Congratulations!!!